It’s been a busy time for me lately but I’m slowly getting my groove back. Time for a book meme!
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What did you recently finished reading?
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
Here are my answers:
1. What are you currently reading? Supreme Courtship by Christopher Buckley. It’s a satiric take on a US President’s grueling attempt to nominate his choice for the coveted Supreme Court justice post. His nominees were slammed by the US Senate that he reached the end of it and fielded a reality TV judge. Think Judge Judy in Nancy Grace‘s body. 🙂 I’m enjoying it so far; it’s funny and very witty. I liked his other book, Boomsday, which is about the problems of US Social Security.
2. What did you recently finished reading? I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. I was really scared especially in the first half of the book. If you watched the film, I’m sure you know that it revolves around “the last man on Earth” after a plague brought down almost everyone on the planet. It’s gripping and the way it presented the end was very satisfactory to me. I was expecting it’s about zombies but it was not. It was about vampires (thankfully not the *sparkling* kind) who (which) were zombie-ish in character because they were plagued by a virus. But they still sucked all the blood out of the “living” ones! I loved it.
3. What do you think you’ll read next? Two Sabrina Jeffries books – Don’t Bargain With The Devil and Beware A Scot’s Revenge. I long planned to dabble into romance novels again. It must be the weather, hahaha! They are part of Ms. Jeffries’ The School for Heiresses (TSFH) series (books 5 and 3). I’d probably finish them both in a day. After that, If I don’t get my hands on the other TSFH books, I’d probably go straight to Mary Balogh’s First Comes Marriage and At Last Comes Love (books 1 and 3 in the Huxtable series). Here’s to being giddy and girlish! 🙂