Holy moley, I think if you’re allowed to gain x number of pounds to make up your holiday weight, I got it and multiplied it by 10. Home cooking is the shiznit, I’m sure you all know that already. It’s barely seven at night and I’m full as a stuffed bear. Thank God for this wonderful opportunity to have food on the table.
Anyway, here’s my version of a survey thingie that most of my LJ friends have taken:
01. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Be a docent (tour guide) to people interested to tour the Embassy. It’s a diversion that did not require me to leave the office compound and I have to admit it was interesting to know the history of where I spend my time five days a week.
02. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I had to look back on my December 2007 and January 2008 entries. I did not make resolutions then, parang I just said that 2008 will be a wonderful year for me. Eh, I don’t know if it was. I will steer clear of resolutions again in 2009. Wag na mangako, gawin na lang, right?
03. Did someone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Catrina. I knew a lot of women who gave birth this year but I wasn’t close to them so…oh wait, irrelevant answer. Hahaha.
04. Did anyone close to you die?
No. My estranged aunt (by virtue of her marriage to my uncle) did though. Someone close to a very good friend did.
05. What countries did you visit?
Malaysia. It’s technically a territory that should have been the Philippines’. Hahaha!!!
06. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Money? Oh, that’s too materialistic. Renewed interest to study, I guess.
07. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I am terrible with dates, really. Siguro yung buong period ng August to October, may high highs and low lows.
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Getting through the year still employed and healthy and alive. Yun lang, okay na. Wala akong specific na maalala.
09. What was/is your biggest failure(s)?
Corny pero not stepping up more in terms of my place in our management. Not that it was expected of me but it would have been cooler for my ego had I brought something concrete and beneficial to the team. So parang I simply floated like sh*t in water this year. =(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Rhinovirus attacks and loose bowel movements, hahaha!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Books. Since the boxful of books as my Christmas gift to myself has not arrived, in total, I only bought 97 books this year. Oh, I got House DVDs too, do they count? 🙂
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some people’s. I might have brought it to myself anyway, you know. I may have provoked them into reacting that way towards me. Uhm see, everything is always about me. Hahaha!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books. Food. Some travels here and there. Paying my bills. They’re here to stay, people.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My travels. Most of them were planned barely a month before they happened. I got so worked up with that. I got really excited for House and Cuddy’s relationship, too. Hehe. Fan eh! Word.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? Sadder but only by a few degrees.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter? I don’t know. I’ve always been fat so I don’t see anymore if I’ve gotten thinner. Like, it’s dwindling hippo weight for me and it will stay that way so I have no way of knowing.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, damn. I only have myself to blame though. But I’m not yet in trouble. Far from trouble.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read and work (I mean, harder).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I was indirectly mean to many people in 2008 so I wish I’d done less of that. Less spending? Ah, no regrets naman.
20. How will you be spending or have spent Christmas?
With family though I spent most of the day alone, watching DVDs. I went to the mall, too. Normal day.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Wow, is the sun hot? What do you think?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
House M.D. Obviously. I followed Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Big Bang Theory and Gossip Girl this year, too. 🙂
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Leslie Feist and A Fine Frenzy
29. What did you want and not get?
Sports Night DVDs and Vanity Fair issues from August to November. Grrr. What yung tanong eh, wala bang Who? Hahaha!
30. Favorite film of this year?
Meet The Spartans. Kidding! All About Eve. I watched it on DVD, of course.1950 pa yun ha.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and we had a little get-together at home.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Confronted my feelings instead of moping and basically being the greatest emotera of the century habang ang people concerned eh malayo. Duh. On another matter, minsan, iniisip ko what would have happened kung tinuloy ko yung 2nd sem last academic year. Hmmm.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
The same. Ma-bling bling na multi-colored. Hahaha!!!
34. What kept you sane?
My DVDs, reading, travels, tunog ng waves sa Palawan, Galera at Kota Kinabalu, book club sessions, nights out with friends, drinking, falafel & hummus (!win!). Thinking of him, pwede na rin.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh Laurie, Tina Fey, Alexander Solzhenitsyn (+)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Charter change and all the insanity that went with it.
37. Who do you miss?
My high school bestfriends because I’ve not seen them in three months samantalang sila palibhasa magkakalapit lang ng subdivisions, they have always hung out whenever they wanted to. I only saw them four times this year. Sniff, sniff. Hindi ko na namimiss si Erwin, kung yun inaabangan mo. Okay lang. Hahaha!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Renelee So because she’s incredibly sweet. I would have picked TJ kaso I met him in 2007 pa pala.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Learn to filter and value what I have. At wag masyado madrama, hindi ako artista.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It’s hard to pick a song that would encapsulate this emotion-laden year but I can try:
I noticed tonight that the world has been turning
While I’ve been stuck here withering away
Though I know I said I wouldn’t leave you behind
But I have to go, it breaks my heart to say
That I can’t stop now
I’ve got troubles of my own
Cause I’m short on time
I’m lonely and I’m too tired to talk
– Can’t Stop Now, Keane
Or it could also be:
Eager to please,
Trying to be what they need
But I’m so very tired
I’ve stopped trying to find
Any peace in my mind
Because it tangles the wires
But if you keep real close
Yeah, you stay real close
I will reach you
I’m down to a whisper
In a daydream on a hill
Shut down to a whisper
Can you hear me
Can you hear me still
–Whisper, A Fine Frenzy
Four hours and forty minutes to go!!! =) All the love in the world, friends!